Warm beef salad with four bean mix, corn and chimichurri
1 small tin (300g) four bean mix
3 corn cobs, husks removed
2 tbsp olive oil
4 x 150g sirloin steaks, trimmed
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp smoked paprika
1 red onion. halved, sliced thinly
250g baby tomatoes halved
1 avocado, chopped
1-2 fresh long red chillies, sliced thinly
1/2 cup fresh coriander leaves
2 tbsp lime juice
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh coriander leaves
1 tsp ground cumin
1 fresh small red chilli, chopped finely
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3 tsp lime juice
1. Make the chimichurri: Process in a small food processor the garlic, herbs, cumin, chilli and 1 TBSP of the oil until roughly chopped. With motor operating, add remaining oil in a thin steady stream until smooth. Stir in juice. Season to taste.
2. Brush corn with a little of the oil; season. Cook corn on a heated grill plate (or barbecue) over medium heat, turning occasionally, for 15 minutes or until charred and tender. Cool for 10 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs.
3. Cut fat from steaks and season with cumin and paprika. Cook steaks on a heated grill plate over medium-high heat, for 3 minutes or until cooked as desired. Remove from pan; cover with foil, rest for 5 minutes.
3. Add drained four bean mix, corn kernels in a large bowl with onion, tomatoes, avocado, chilli, coriander, juice, extra virgin olive oil and a third of the chimichurri, season; toss gently to combine.
4. Serve salad topped with sliced steak and drizzled with remaining chimichurri.
150g steak and salad Energy 797 Kcal, Fat 54g, Sat fat 14g, Protein 39g, Carb 44g, Sodium 287mg