Super Green Chicken Caesar Salad
40 ml extra virgin olive oil
4 slices wholemeal sourdough or soy and linseed bread
2 cloves garlic
4 TBSP lemon juice
1 TSP dried thyme
4 boiled eggs
Bag of mixed salad
100g of spinach or kale leaves
80g parmesan cheese
2 TBSP chopped parsley
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 TBSP dijon mustard
2 single anchovy fillets
1 TSP Worcestershire sauce
3 TBSP low-fat mayonnaise
3 TBSP plain low-fat yoghurt
1. Marinate chicken with lemon juice, thyme and garlic, salt and pepper in a shallow dish. Coat well and leave for up to 2 hrs.
2. Cut the soy and linseed bread into big, rough cubes for the croutons. Spread on a baking sheet brush with olive oil. Bake at 200C for 10 mins until golden and crisp. (w'meal packet croutons can be substituted)
3. Blend extra garlic, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice and anchovies until smooth. Add the mayonnaise and yogurt and blend so it is the consistency of double cream. Season with lemon juice and pepper. A few drops of cold water may be needed to get the consistency right so it will coat the salad leaves.
4. Heat a grill or griddle pan until very hot. Cook chicken for 12-15 mins, turning once or twice until cooked through. Remove, let sit for 5 mins before slicing.
5. Add the mixed salad bag, with the kale or spinach leaves, half the dressing and chicken, toss to coat well.
6. Add croutons, parmesan, chopped parsley and the remainder of the dressing.
7. Add a squirt of lemon juice if needed