Roasted Sweet Potato And Coconut Soup
- 4 MEDIUM SWEET POTATOES (ABOUT 1.5KG), HALVED LENGTHWAYS
- 2 TABLESPOONS EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- SEA SALT FLAKES
- 400ML CAN COCONUT MILK, PLUS EXTRA TO SERVE
- 3½ CUPS (875ML) CHICKEN STOCK
- 1 STALK LEMONGRASS, HALVED AND BRUISED
- 5CM-PIECE GINGER, HALVED
- 3 KAFFIR LIME LEAVES
- DRIED CHILLI FLAKES, TO SERVE
- Preheat oven to 220°C (425°F). Place the sweet potato, cut-side up, on a large oven tray lined with non-stick baking paper. Drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt. Cover with aluminium foil and cook for 1 hour or until tender. Set aside until cool enough to handle.
- While the sweet potato is cooking, place the coconut milk, stock, lemongrass, ginger and lime leaves in a large saucepan over high heat and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat. Remove and discard the lemongrass, ginger and lime leaves.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh of each sweet potato, discarding the skins, and place in a blender. Add half the coconut mixture and blend until smooth. Return to the saucepan with the remaining coconut mixture and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth and hot.
- Divide the soup between bowls. Top with the extra coconut milk and sprinkle with chilli flakes to serve.