High protein muesli cookies
Cooking Time: 5 Minutes Serves: 2
gluten-free (check the oat brand or use quinoa or millet), protein, vegetarian, anti-oxidants (with nuts and added berries)
These muesli cookie recipe is packed full of wholesome grains, seeds, oats and a protein boosted from the eggs and the skim milk powder.
1 cup of the whole jumbo oats
1 cup of natural or untoasted muesli
1 cup of coconut
1/2 cup of wholemeal SR flour
1/2 cup of skim milk powder or 2 scoops of protein powder
1/4 cup of sesame seeds
1 tbsp chopped almonds
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 eggs beaten
1/2 cup of honey
100g of melted butter or margarine
- Combine muesli, coconut, oats, flour, sesame seeds, chia seeds and powdered milk or protein powder.
- Melt butter and honey together. Add to mixture, then stir in the beaten eggs. Mix well
- Drop teaspoons of mixture on to lightly greased cookie sheet, allowing room for spreading.
- Bake at 180C for 10 to 15 minutes, or until light golden.
- Cook on trays, if making extra large cookies, cook at 160C
Nutrition per serve (recipe makes 35)
Energy 130 kcal, Fat 6g Sat Fat 3g, Protein 6g, Carb 15g, Fibre 3g, Sodium 49mg